I found this scrumptious recipe on the Super Healthy Kids website, and decided to add frozen blueberries instead of oranges and it worked a treat!! The kids love it, so does the husband! Hence the lack of time it spent in our freezer – gone in one day..
Super simple to make, using frozen fruit, coconut cream, honey and vanilla extract – you can check out the recipe here:
And here it is here as well, except I used frozen blueberries instead of Oranges:
- 1 3/4 cup – coconut milk, full fat
- 2 medium – orange
- 4 tbsp – Sweetener
- 1 tsp – vanilla extract
- Peel and section oranges. Lay flat on a tray and freeze until hardened.
- In a blender, add coconut milk and half of the frozen orange sections.
- Blend until smooth. Add the remaining oranges and continue blending.
- Add the sweetener of your choice (honey, powdered sugar, maple syrup) and vanilla extract.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze until solid.
- When ready to serve, let it sit out for a few minutes to make it easier to scoop. Enjoy!