Couldn’t wait to try this one, because both my kids love chickpeas as a snack. The fact that they are crunchy and salty is a winner, just like chips but full of fibre and protein!
I got this one from the Popsugar website, but instead of the spice mixture I added some garlic powder, and they turned out awesome.
1 15-ounce can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons of spice mixture (a curry, Morrocan, or Mexican spice mixture works well)
Make sure the chickpeas are completely dry after draining and rinsing them.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander. Pat dry.
- Toss chickpeas in a medium-sized bowl with olive oil, sea salt, and spices.
- Arrange chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until crispy. While baking, shake pan or stir chickpeas to avoid burning.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- If desired, sprinkle and toss with more spices.