Raw cheesecake was something I had always admired from afar and put it down to being way to difficult for me to attempt. Then I found this recipe on the Food Matters website and they made it look totally doable… so I did it.. and it was just as easy as it looks and it tastes just as good as it looks. I’ve changed a few things from the original recipe to make it easier but it still tastes and looks amazing!
So here’s my version:
I just used my old Nutty Chia Slice recipe for the base:
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup of mixed nuts – I usually use almonds, cashews or walnuts – whatever I have in the house.
- 1 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsps of Coconut Oil
- A splash of Vanilla Essence if you want
Chuck all the ingredients in the food processer and whiz till it’s a fairly consistent texture, no big bits anywhere. Press into a lined round tin and freeze.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight or at least 2 hours)
- 1 cup raspberries
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
WHAT TO DO
- Combine all ingredients into the food processor and process until smooth.
- Remove base layer from the freezer.
- Spread top raspberry layer evenly over the bottom layer.
- Replace into the freezer to set, for at least an hour.
- Top with fresh raspberries to serve.
* Note: Cheesecake is best stored in the freezer, remove 1-2 hours before wanting to serve to allow to soften.