I found this amazing looking recipe on Raw Revive blog, where she made these yummy looking raw cupcakes. I’ve been wanting to try out cashew cream for a while, it always looks so good. Anyway, not sure what I did wrong, but the cashew cream wasn’t really “creamy” at all, as you can see from the photos. I’m determined to get it right and will try again one day, cos they still tasted damn good.
Instead of using the Raw Revive recipe cupcake base, I used my fail safe Nutty Chia Slice recipe for the base, and then used the Raw Revive recipe for the cashew cream topping. So here’s my version:
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup of mixed nuts – I usually use almonds, cashews or walnuts – whatever I have in the house.
- 1 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsps of Coconut Oil
- A splash of Vanilla Essence if you want
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Chuck all the ingredients in the food processer and whiz till it’s a fairly consistent texture, no big bits anywhere.
- Press into a cupcake tins and freeze for about an hour
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Place cream into a glass container and set for 1/2 hour in the freezer to thicken.
- Remove the muffin tin and cashew cream from the freezer.
- Place cashew cream into a pastry bag and swirl cream onto chocolate bases in the muffin tins.
- Garnish with your choice of raw cacao nibs, nuts, goji berries or coconut.
- Keep in fridge until eaten, Enjoy!