Tots to Teens Magazine is a great FREE magazine, focusing on all things relating to kids, from baby to school ages. It’s available at most Kindy’s, preschools and school’s around New Zealand. Chocka block full of interesting and helpful info, and now with a recipe page! I’m lucky enough to have a regular page sharing some of my favourite recipe’s based on a particular theme each issue. Last issue was Quinoa.
This is a favourite in our family, the kids love it and it’s so easy to make:
Quinoa Mac n Cheese
- 1 cup quinoa grain, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of water or chicken stock
- 1 cup grated zucchini or carrot
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Bring the 2 cups of water or chicken stock to a boil over high heat in a saucepan, then pour in the quinoa, and continue to simmer over low heat until the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Coat 30 x 20cm dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in large bowl. Fold in quinoa first, then zucchini and cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 – 30 mins, until golden on top.