I was watching Donna Hay make edible magic on TV the other day and this recipe looked so good and easy I had to try it out. I especially liked the sound of the coconut dressing, and it really is that good, and easy!
Here’s a link to her recipe, but I’ve just changed a couple of ingredients like the rice noodles to quinoa noodles, but I’m sure you could use any noodles. Plus I swapped the chillies to half a red pepper, just cos the kids don’t do spicy at any level..
- 150 g rice noodles (I used quinoa noodles)
- 2 x 200g cooked chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced (I just used half a red pepper cos the kids don’t do spicy)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- handful coriander leaves
- handful mint leaves
- handful basil leaves
for the coconut milk dressing
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
Place rice noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 46 minutes or until soft. Drain and rinse.
Toss the noodles with the chicken, chilli, lime leaf, onion, coriander, mint and basil.
To make the coconut milk dressing, combine the coconut milk, fish sauce, juice and sugar. Pour over the salad to serve.